A few years ago we had a couple of ice/winter storms between Thanksgiving and New Years that resulted in being without power for what seemed like months but was actually many, many days both times. I was accused of not being my usual sunny self from the effects of no heat & no electricity. We always did have hot water since we had a gas water heater and rural water. I appreciated that at the time and even more now.
Well, last week Jim took out the sink and cut the water to the kitchen. If I had been without heat, power and water it really would not have been pretty.
This is our temporary kitchen sink. I know we are lucky to have a water source so close to the kitchen, but it still is not good. Being without water in what we are now calling our eating area is so far the worst part of this remodel. But I can hang in there since the finished product will be worth it.
I don't do alot of cooking during the week for us so I would have to say our diets have not suffered any. We still have the microwave, panini/grill, electric skillet and the grill so cooking is not a problem, just the clean up. Paper plates work great!
No comments:
Post a Comment