Saturday, June 18, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend - Day Three, Pool

For several days leading up to the weekend and on Friday & Saturday I had been draining the pool to start the annual clean up.  We usually drain it complete scrub the walls and fill it up with clean water.  I love rural water.  So by Sunday the water was getting low enough to get in and start scrubbing.

I spent the morning scrubbing the sides and moving the green slime around to keep if from forming again on the bottom of the pool.
I had no takers on getting in to help on this part.  It really isn't as slimy as it looks.
After lunch when the kids took their nap, Sally either felt guilty, sorry for me or tired of listening to me so she got in to help and was a tremendous help.  When it gets this low we have to start baling.  Since the deck was at a stand still (thanks again Home Depot), Jim helped too and was a huge help.  The system we had going this year worked great and we finished in no time.
By the time naps were over we were adding fresh water and ready. . .
. . . for some swimmers!
Well, at least waders!
There may not have been much water, but they sure had fun.
Leah's not too sure about this walk in bath tub.
I think somebody accidentally on purpose to a fall.
Now she is getting into the fun.

2 comments:

  1. How come Dad was a HUGE help and I was just regular help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had to do all the heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete