Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just about one year ago I decided I needed a winter project and decided for a couple of reason that I would like to make a quilt.  So I talked Becky into joining me in this adventure and I asked Mom to give us some lessons.  So this was a win-win project.  #1 - I would be getting a quilt for me, made by me and #2 I would be spending some quality time with my mom and my friend.

Someone should have taken Becky & I aside and told us that quilting would become very addictive and expensive.  Once I started I was hooked.  I love to piece quilt tops.  May not be the greatest at it yet, but I'm getting there.

Mom has been giving sewing/quilting lesson for years and had recently had a group of girls that named them self the "Sycamore Corner Sewing Club", so she thought she would add "Senior Chapter" for Becky and I.  After several weeks of hearing "well my girls" and "my girls did this" and "when my girls where..."  I always thought I was "her girls", Becky and I had to remind her that years ago we were her "girls" in the Button and Bows 4-H club and everything we did or did not know started with her.  I also had to pull out the 1975 Crisco Award plaque to prove that we did know what we were doing, just a little rusty.  All kidding aside she is a great teacher and I only hope to be able to accomplish 1/4 of what she can do.

Posting 2012 quilt crop soon.

1 comment: