
Nobody cried at our first lesson and since Becky and I have both sewn for many years, most of the beginning steps where obvious..Straighten up fabric, how to use the rulers (not as easy as it looks) and using a rotary blade. Lucky for us Mom has all the rulers, cutters, cutting board anyone could ever ask for. She also has at least 4 sewing machines, but we chose to do most of our sewing at home.
Once the blocks were assemble they needed to be sewn together in rows and columns. Way too stressful. I'm sure I made it more difficult than needed and I still ended up with the same fabric next to each other. Finally I just quit looking and sewed it together.
Loved the finished project. Had it quilted by a lady in Springfield who does an awesome job. This was a great first project.
This is Becky's finished project. I love this fabric. Going to have to make me something out of a collections like this.
The same lady in Springfield machine quilted this one too. Has a star pattern init which was perfect for this quilt.
Project #2 up next.
Were does the name Twenty come from? Ready to see project #2.
ReplyDeleteYou need 20 fat quarters.
ReplyDelete